Danielle + Derail- Married at The Grand Lucayan | Grand Bahama Wedding Photographer

I am so happy to share the images from Danielle & Derail's intimate wedding just a few weeks ago. I always send my brides-to-be a "Getting to Know you" questtionaire and it's amazing how much you can tell about a couple just from what they fill in!
So when Danielle replied with this amazing story, I was super excited to meet both her and Derail & photograph their day.

"It’s a pretty long story, but the short version is that we met and was introduced in Seoul, S. Korea on May 1st, 2011 at a mutual friends’, Jessica, party. I was living in Korea as an English teacher and he was there for his first duty station in the military. The night of the party actually wasn’t the first time I saw him. Jessica told me about how he just arrived to Korea (I had been there since January and he just got there in April) and showed me a picture of him on Facebook. I thought he was cute, but I wasn’t interested. I had just got out of a 2 ½ year relationship and was in Korea to concentrate on saving, working, and traveling. My first impression of him was that he was a bit nerdy. The night of the party, a group of about six of us went clubbing. We ended up dancing and I really enjoyed myself. I saw that he wasn’t as stiff as he seemed to be.

The same night, Jessica told me that he liked me. The following day, he sent me a gentlemen-like message leaving his number and suggesting we hang out. I told him that because we had so many mutual friends that we’d definitely get a chance to hang out. Ultimately, I gave him a bit of trouble, but he grew on me. One day, I sent him a message asking him if he wanted to hang out with me. From there, we hung out every day. It went from hanging out in a group, to one on one; from lunch, to dinner and movie. By the end of the summer, I admitted to myself and him that I had feelings for him. One day, in September, he asked me to go back to the U.S with him. He decided not to extend his stay in Korea, while I had. Furthermore, I wanted to complete the goals I had set for myself and didn’t want to feel as if I was leaving Korea and my job for a “boy”. So I said, jokingly, “I’m not goin’ back with you to the states ‘less you gon’ be my husband.” He responded with “I wouldn’t have it any other way.” From there I knew that he was serious and things were real because we were both in a place, and expressed this to each other, that we saw no point in being in a relationship with someone we couldn’t see as our husband or wife. I agreed to go under the condition that I either find a job there first or that I get accepted into graduated school. In early December, I got a letter saying I had been accepted to the University of Southern California" 

Despite the rainstorm that came down we waited it out and as typical of the weather this time of year the sun came out with enough cloud cover to make their portrait session an amazing one!

Enjoy!





















And then the rain came down to bless their union whilst we all scrambled for cover:)















































1 comments:

  1. The services of Chicago Wedding Venues before, during and after the wedding was just amazing. I won’t hesitate to organize another event here. Everything was truly perfect.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images contained on this site are © Lyndah Wells Photography and may not be used without permission.